Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th

So I wonder why many people celebrate July 4th or if they are celebrating it for the right reasons. Much like Christmas and Thanksgiving I think 4th of July is a holiday mainly for fireworks. Although the fireworks were not as great as last year as the Mayor or whatever decided to make it so damn far on the west side that I did not get to see it. I spend the WHOOOLEEE day sitting in my house alone because my dad went to Florida for Disney Land with his other family for a week (my dad was married once before with two daughters and now with a grandson before he married my mom). My dad said "This is like the 20th time ive been to Disney land and I told them I don't wanna go fucking Disney land damnit. I went with every single one of you at least like 5 times. ugh" Which made me laugh really hard. But back to my point about July 4th. Not many people in my opinion celebrate this day as independence day at rather just a normal day accept at night their is fireworks. I myself do not even get the significance of this day. As the fireworks went on from miles away my boyfriend mentioned how there use to be fireworks everywhere, when he was younger people would be able to do fireworks themselves and that there were even parades. And then we mentioned how society now seemed so sad since there is mainly none of those things anymore. It was kinda depressing.

No comments: