Wednesday, July 1, 2009

SUMMER BLOG 1

1. In the beginning of the summer as soon as class was over with I started focusing on trying to find a summer job. I applied for a numerous amount of places, really typical places such as Staples, DSW, Victoria Secrete, Petco, Dylan's Candy Bar, all places that I have failed to get jobs at. My dad keeps on pushing the idea of find a summer job but after my failed attempt so far to find one I have just been trying to relaxing and spend more time with my boyfriend and friends as well. Maybe I will attempt to find a job again in a week or so.
Also lately many people seem to be passing away such as Micheal Jackson, Billy Mays, and that chick who was in the old Charlie Angels. Its weird because people have been paying more respect to Micheal Jackson after he has passed then he was alive. Every time I turn on the t.v. I see his music videos, story of his life, interview with people, etc. It's weird to me how many people or fans it has "effected" deeply.
Also I have been trying to focus on finding things to do outside because I happen to find myself sitting at home being bored a lot more.

2. I am SO glad for this summer vacation, i thought it would never come. Its weird to think about how next year I will be a senior and it will be my last year of high school. So far I have not been doing much and feel as if I have been wasting my summer by sitting around at home. It is usually like this for me for the first few weeks of summer vacation but after a while I find things to do and go outside more. I personally do not really miss anything about school. I am kind of socially awkward so I do not really miss any of the socializing from school. I just keep in touch with a few people from school to hang out once a week or so. I am just really glad to have a break from all the projects, writing, lab reports, stress. I felt that my junior year was by far my most stressful year so its not knowing what the stress level is going to be like next year. I feel I need to be more progressive this summer, read a book or start doing some college stuff. Although since its only the beginning I want to enjoy my last summer of high school.

3. Well I am really not a good reader and have a hard time focusing on reading a book especially if I know I don't actually need to since its summer and if the book is really not interesting to me.
Easish book: 5
Hardish book: 4
Combined: 9
But it may change depending on the book.

4. I'm not very active person and I am sooo out of shape but I think its time to get back into shape so I don't mind taking a walk and doing activities and stuff. The films and strange movies sound fun. Everything sounds good to me.

5. Well I know that my dad is going to keep complaining for me to get a summer job so I may eventually have to and if I do, depending on what times I will work I think I might be able to still meet once a week. If anything I'll let everyone know.

6. I'm not really sure for now but the experience of being sounds good to me.

2 comments:

Juggleandhope said...

hey chloe,

funny that someone particularly smart like you can't get a huge corporation to give you a meaningless cog-in-the-machine job.

your sense of lethargy makes sense to me - grace llewelyn in her book Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life & Education says that we need some time to decontaminate after being institutional puppets, to be able to again hear our own desires after having them drowned out by institutional commands.

got the ishiguro book yet? i think you'll like it in the first few pages, before it gets a little slow.

J0hn Galt said...

About the michael jackson thing I agree with you ,and my friend naomi said this, I thought she was really dead-on:

The world just ripped that man to shreds when every little thing he did, every fuckin song he made, every moonwalk, concert, every album he did, he did so we would love him. and like harlem has the right to suddenly claim him as their hero, they were the first to outcast him when his skin lightened. now they wanna act like he was one of them. He was dead a long ago.